• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
    Here's the photo
    New York Times headline:

NICK DOES IT AGAIN!

Thanks Nick.

Comment

What's the going rate for one of these?.....I ran across this thread and realized I too got stung by one of these.....The guy had like $110 on it and I was able to get for about $80......I agree they have their place in the laurels of the second world war, but only when sold as what they truly are.....Bodes

Comment

Great picture Nick!

Here's a link to more on the subject from the venerable Banzai newsletter.

http://www.gunboards.com/sites/banza...Top_Fake_Flags

Rod

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
          What's the going rate for one of these?.....I ran across this thread and realized I too got stung by one of these.....The guy had like $110 on it and I was able to get for about $80......I agree they have their place in the laurels of the second world war, but only when sold as what they truly are.....Bodes
          Hi Bodes,

$80.00 is probably not too bad, I'd be ok at that price. It's when they are listed for $180.00 and (waaaaay) up it becomes a problem.

Regards, Rod

Comment

Although the photo of the "Seabee flag assembly line" has a watermark, it comes from
            The Earthmover 1943-1945: a chronicle of the 87th Seabee Battalion in World War II
            [free online download]

http://digicom.bpl.lib.me.us/ww_reg_his/186/

The photo is in the second download. Keyword search for "Mundy" and you ought to go right to the photo on p. 106.

--Guy

Comment

Has anyone contacted the seller and told him about this piece?

Ron is very well versed in aviation items of the world, but Japanese militaria is not one of his strong points.
              "Militaria shows are a social event for anti-social people"--A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Chatt View Post
                Has anyone contacted the seller and told him about this piece?

Ron is very well versed in aviation items of the world, but Japanese militaria is not one of his strong points.
                Ees no my yob, mon!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X