Japanese helmet liner rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese helmet liner rings

Hello evryone, I want to restore a post war Thai used Japanese helmet. As you know when the helmets were refurbished the liner/chinstrap rings were removed. I saw a seller a number of years back selling these. Does anyone know where to get some? Making them would be a pain in the rear. I am looking for the part that the split rings attatch to that riveted to the helmet. Thanks for any input

PG-
    Attached Files

Not these
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know of anyone that make reproductions of them but with a little work you can find some pretty close looking examples in the sewing world....

http://sewtrue.com/Store/Heavy-Duty-...Eyes-P389.html

And yes, I know this isn't a match
      Do a search for hook and eye

Comment

Thanks Blinky, I see where that may work

PG-

Comment

A company called Prairie Flower Leather company carries what you are looking for.

http://www.pflco.com/militaria1a.htm...59&id=19029161

Comment

or, depending on how much you want to spend, you could buy one of the cheap reproduction helmets on ebay and strip brackets out of it.

Comment

Or contact Hikishop and hear if they sell them before they mount them .

Comment

Originally posted by blinky View Post
                or, depending on how much you want to spend, you could buy one of the cheap reproduction helmets on ebay and strip brackets out of it.
                That thought crossed my mind, but trying to keep it as cheap as possible. The ones Pete0331 posted are the ones I saw on e-bay a few years ago. I may just try those, Thanks Pete and Blinky!

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
                  Or contact Hikishop and hear if they sell them before they mount them .
                  Thats a great idea Gunto, I contacted them and another big Japanese repo dealer on e-bay, and they get their helmets already complete. Thanks!

PG-

Comment

ahhh....go for the ones Pete posted!

How times have changed

Comment

I am going for those, Just seems a bit easier. THanks everyone

PG-
                      Last edited by Paul G; 11-12-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

duplicate post....sorry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X