UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEADS UP: ?Shigetou Shinji's Footlocker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEADS UP: ?Shigetou Shinji's Footlocker?

Saw this on Ebay and just googled his name. IF the same person of the same name, he was a major general.

WWII Japanese Army Officers Trunk Foot-Locker, Marked & No Buy it Now..!

The hit I received was on a Chinese site, so I had to convert in Google Translate:

重藤三治(1896.3.1-1944.6.8)福冈县人。1917年5月25日毕业于陆军士官学校第29期步兵科,同年12月25日授 予步兵少尉军衔。1943年5月25日任独立步兵第55大队长(第20军、第64师团、步兵第70旅团)。 在扬州附近进行警备作战。1944年6月8日战死,追晋陆军少将。
    =============
    Heavy vine three Governance [Google means: Shigetou Sanji] (1896.3.1-1944.6.8) Fukuoka County. May 25, 1917 graduated from the Military Academy No. 29 Infantry Division, the same year on December 25th Infantry awarded the rank of second lieutenant. May 25, 1943 Independent 55th Infantry Captain (20th Army, 64th Division, 70th Infantry Brigade). Guard operations in the vicinity of Yangzhou. June 8, 1944 died, chasing Jinlu Jun Major General.

source
    I was going to tell the seller ..... but then I thought someone here might want a shot at the prize.

--Guy

Hi Guy-san,

That's a very very nice footlocker !!!

I wish it' s in my collection.....

Thank you for posting !

Cheers!
    Taka

Comment

That general died fighting in China, the footlocker is in America and supposedly brought home as a war souvenir, so I think it's probably just someone with the same name. The general's footlocker (if he had one rather than some fancier baggage) would likely be lost in China or sent home to Japan.
      Still a nice footlocker. I see them for sale in Japan fairly often, but the cost of shipping one out has always made them too expensive for me to bother with. This one is already in the USA.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X