Small Japanese grouping help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Japanese grouping help needed

Checked out these items from the family of a WW2 veteran who also served in the Korean war. I have never seen these types of flags before and hope the members here will be able to identify them for me.
    I would think the value is within the two flags but what are they worth?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Post better picture of the flags showing construction and design, and maybe you will get some good advice. never seen pink flags before. Maybe wifey washed them in the washing machine ad the red center turned the white pink?? The red looks a little washed out??

PG-

Comment

here are a couple of pictures of the two flags. I think that the red bled onto the white area of the flag.

first flag looks like a Japanese flag but no idea what the second flag is. Both flags measure about 49" X 55"
      Attached Files

Comment

This really doesn't look like WWII construction that I've seen:

korea.jpg

As to rest of the items, nothing stands out as having a lot of collectiblity. Pipes, money, and Geisha postcards, don't sell to well or move fast...granted its hard to see what all of the items are. Without knowing if there is a "gem" in the group I would say $35-$40.00.

Comment

Thanks Zachb for the info and value.

I didn't thing that flags were WW2 and was leaning more towards Korean era. The last flag I have never seen before and it too didn't look WW2 but more Korean. Appreciate your thoughts on the value too. I'm sure the fading to the flags will hurt any real value that they once had. I'm meeting with the family again tomorrow so I will be able to have a better understanding of the value of these items.

Comment

I think the other flag is an early city flag for Yamaguchi; or, a company with the Yamaguchi name/connection. If you rotate the image 90ยบ to the right you will see the stylized characters:

山口

Here's the Yamaguchi City flag:

Yamaguchi Prefecture flag:

And THIS is the symbol for the Yamaguchi-gumi (yakuza):

--Guy
            Last edited by GHP; 10-29-2013, 12:13 PM. Reason: Possibly EARLY post-war city flag?

Comment

This Is What I Mean ...

Yamaguchi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X