MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Landing Forces Helmet from the Woodwork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Landing Forces Helmet from the Woodwork!

Hey guys,
    I don't get a chance to post here very often, but I had to share this story since it is RARE to get anything directly from the vet these days. This very nice Naval Landing Forces helmet was brought back by a local vet who picked it up late in the War on the Marshal Islands. He also had the pictured canteen, a piece of surveying equipment, an artillery scope and a knee mortar that he had brought back. I did not buy the knee mortar at the time of purchase, but will be returning next week to buy it and get all of his information to fully document his war experience and to tie him to the items through his story.
    Anyways, enjoy!
    Attached Files

additional pics:
    Attached Files

Comment

more:
      Attached Files

Comment

wow....I think I hate you

Super find! I do think it would go nicely with that Type 94 I got from you!

Eric

Comment

Absolutely fantastic pieces !

Congratulations !

I would like to have one in my collection, I don't even have an Army helmet for crying out loud.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
          Taka

Comment

Thanks guys!
            I am looking forward to going back up to see him in a couple weeks and talk more about his service as well as buy the knee mortar. It is demilled and a little rough, but I would really like to keep everything together.

Oh and Eric, that Russian Mortar is a big hit at the gun shows and in my shop!

Comment

writing: Circle-7 followed by 008.

() 00

--Guy

p.s. That's a fake cammo net, you know!

Beautiful!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Guy!
                Think you could get a translation of the tag of the canteen sling?
                Attached Files

Comment

h

That is hands down the nicest condition Japanese helmet net and cover i have ever seen . congrats ..

Comment

Originally posted by muddinman04 View Post
                    Thanks Guy!
                    Sorry, the lettering is to faint for my gaijin-eyes; we need a native-speaker who can probably figure it out.

--Guy

EDIT: If I flatten my laptop screen almost horizontally I can see the kanji easier .... but it is still a mystery to me.

Comment

Well...Thanks for the try! It is pretty light for sure, but maybe someone can make it out.

Comment

One of the best I have ever seen period! Great pick up. Condition is over the top. Did he keep this put up in a box for almost 70 years? That cover probably looks just as it did when he got it. Crisp as a new hundred dollar bill. I love it!

Comment

Liner and chinstrap are making me think that's a stencil anchor helmet. Without removing the net/cover do you feel a badge or a split pin under the cover? Key ring chinstrap keepers on a stencil with that liner would make this helmet a product of one of the first runs of stencils anchor helmets imo. Could be badged with those keepers but I don't think so.

Comment

Fantastic!

PG-

Comment

Originally posted by muddinman04 View Post
                              Thanks Guy!
                              Hi,

Looks like 吉原 一水 (Yoshihara Issui) - Seaman First Class Yoshihara

Can't see the last character, the is just my guess.

Regards,
                              Taka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X