Age of Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age of Sword

I am thinking about buying this from the Vet's daughter. Is there any way to tell age of this sword without seeing the makers signature? Im assuming pre wwii
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

worst pics of all time. Sorry
      Attached Files

Comment

You can tell what era the mountings were made in.
        http://ohmura-study.net/102.html

Some sword blades have a distinctive shape the hardcore sword people can spot without taking the sword apart, or if you had detailed photos they might spot something about how the blade was made, but I doubt anyone will be able to tell much from these photos.

If that's the best photos the seller is willing to provide, make your offer assuming the blade is machine made, rusty and nothing special. If it turns out to be something better, good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Nambu View Post
          You can tell what era the mountings were made in.
          http://ohmura-study.net/102.html

Some sword blades have a distinctive shape the hardcore sword people can spot without taking the sword apart, or if you had detailed photos they might spot something about how the blade was made, but I doubt anyone will be able to tell much from these photos.

If that's the best photos the seller is willing to provide, make your offer assuming the blade is machine made, rusty and nothing special. If it turns out to be something better, good for you.
          Thank you sir. I appreciate the help on such grainy pics

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X