IJA Canteens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJA Canteens

Canteens have always interested me, especially those with a little character. I have two IJA canteens. The one in the picture with the helmet and grenade is shot through with a 30 cal round and apparently slightly scorched from flame. It also has the owners name in kanji scratched into the surface which I hope to have translated some day.

The bottom of the canteen.

Looks like the owner's name inked on the strap.

Comment

Hi Greg Great canteens!
      I got this one at the MAX without knowing alot about Japanese canteens. Hope it's right.
      Attached Files

Comment

It's got the wooden stopper.
        Attached Files

Comment

Greg W and Joe,

Thanks for posting the photos of your Army enlisted man's canteens.

Both carriers are of the first pattern Model 94 (i.e., 1934) type.

Eric

Comment

I had the canteens out today so I figured I would take a few photos of the ones that I have.

Here are two old style (i.e., 0.6 liter) Army enlisted mans' canteens...
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are three 1st pattern Model 94 (i.e., 1934) one liter Army enlisted mans' canteens (the one on the right has a cork and aluminum stopper, the one in the center has a rubber stopper, and the one on the left has a wooden stopper)...
              Attached Files

Comment

Here are three 2nd pattern Model 94 (i.e., 1934) one liter Army enlisted mans' canteens (the one on the right has a wooden stopper, the one in the center has a rubber/rubberized stopper, and the one on the left, which has a variation carrier, also has a wooden stopper)...
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are three (possible) Army officers' private purchase canteens (the one on the right and the one in the center are Army officer private purchase canteens while the one on the left could be an Army officer's private purchase canteen variation or it could be a civilian canteen)...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X