Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Japanese patch ?

Hi,

I just picked up a mixed Military lot and found a Japanese collar tab and wooden tag, with this Red patch, Japanese is really not my area of collecting, just wondered if this could be a wartime patch or something, any help would be great, don't mind the yellow X that was done by me on photo.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Kevin,

The one with a silver border and writing is from a Shinto shrine on Itsukushima

Itsukushima Ōmikami
    The Great-Honorable God of Itsuku Island

Tori Gate at Itsukushima Shrine

--Guy

Comment

Hi GHP,

Thanks for the help, interesting, this patch came with these other pieces, maybe the wooden tag is also from a shrine, I don't have the lot in hand yet, so can't get better photos yet.

Thanks again,
      Kevin
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KJV View Post
        Hi GHP,

Thanks for the help, interesting, this patch came with these other pieces, maybe the wooden tag is also from a shrine, I don't have the lot in hand yet, so can't get better photos yet.

Thanks again,
        Kevin
        The wooden one [barely readable] is from Narita-San Buddhist Temple, near today's Narita Airport.

成田山

--Guy

Comment

The one with a red circle reads テクノ"Tekuno" [Techno?],

テクノ
          安全替刃
          Anzen Kaeba

safety razor blades.

... part of the fine print says "double edged".

--Guy

Comment

Hi Guy,

very interesting, wonder if mine is of war period? This lot was a mix of WWII German and Japanese? do you know what that other piece is between the collar tab and the temple tag is? looks like those little bars of soap you get at a hotel?

Thanks again,
            Kevin

Comment

The red felt with gold star looks like an army private's collar tag for a Private 2nd Class. I don't know authenticity, etc.; I'm not a collector.

Private; Private 2nd Class
              Nitōhei (二等兵<sup>?</sup>)

Wiki source

--Guy

Comment

Hi Guy,

you beat me to asking the question, ha Great

Thanks,
                Kevin

Comment

Hi Guy,

very interesting, wonder if mine is of war period? This lot was a mix of WWII German and Japanese? do you know what that other piece is between the collar tab and the temple tag is? looks like those little bars of soap you get at a hotel?

Thanks again,
                  Kevin
                  Yeah, I think so. We had a discussion earlier explaining what the Circle "Public" symbol meant. (公) It has to do with price-controls established during the war.

--Guy

Comment

Here's that translation about price-controls. I use the term "translation" with caution; I used Google Translate and did not want to spend time polishing it and putting in correct grammar, etc.

For what it's worth:
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...17&postcount=5

--Guy

Comment

Hi Guy,

great, so they are wartime, Learn something new today, again Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Comment

Hi Guy,

great, so they are wartime, Learn something new today, again Thanks for the help.

Kevin
                        Let me clarify: at least the double-edged safety razor blades are a wartime product. I cannot confirm with any certainty the age of the other items.

--Guy

Comment

Hi Guy,

well I know the German pieces are period, so I guess the Japanese may be good too, but you never know, once I get them for a hands on, that will help.

Thanks,
                          Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X