Kamikazi flag and photo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kamikazi flag and photo album

These were reportedly taken out of cockpit of crashed plane on USS Saratoga, owner states its personally signed by emporer so he has a higher opinion of value based on that highly unlikely fact. What do you think guys? Sorry about orientation of photos but the are off the guys I-phone
    Attached Files

Unless the emperor was working with Seabees on flag creation...
    I think the flag is the same style that usually pops up on the forums/ebay-- it looks like a non-native Japanese hand, along with the usual dual identical stamps to spice it up.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
      Unless the emperor was working with Seabees on flag creation...
      I think the flag is the same style that usually pops up on the forums/ebay-- it looks like a non-native Japanese hand, along with the usual dual identical stamps to spice it up.

Tom
      PLUS .... he wrote everything upside down!! This is a "Tojo" flag -- has a fake Tojo Hideki signature.

The album is a Navy Engineer School album and the large kanji title is 学窓 "Gakusō", SCHOOL [literally: Student Window]
      學窓

--Guy
      Last edited by GHP; 09-02-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

The Seabees went a little too far when they crashed a plane loaded with these on the Saratoga.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
          The Seabees went a little too far when they crashed a plane loaded with these on the Saratoga.
          (^____^) hahaha

My cousin was a Seabee in Vietnam. When he returned he taught my little brother and me how to shoot craps [that's probably how these flags were won back in the day]. We won all his uniforms, jungle hat, jungle boots, etc .... Mom was not happy and made us return them. I felt cheated!

Those crazy Seabees!

--Guy

Comment

Like I said on the gunboards forum, all the 'certifications' he presents are non-existant and very sketchy. He says proof of all the story will come with the opening of a military archive in several months - as if these military records storage sites open in some Indiana Jones-like 10 year increments...
            ------------------------------------------------
            Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Flag

Exactly what I thought Scotty,,,way too windy in his description and visits to Japanese embassy,,,,,oh brother!

Comment

Great condition for being pulled out of a kamakazi pilots cockpit after the pilot hit his target. No smoke stains or burns. Hehe

Comment

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...nd-Photo-Album

I called him/her out of GunBoards they went into a rage. Shou ga nai, anyone into Japanese militaria enough to spend the kind of money the owner expects should be educated enough to know better.

Comment

Here is the rotated view, but still a Tojo flag.....

Man, don' t know what' s going on over there, need more proofs???

Let say the plane did hit and crashed into the room, didn't explode...that the items were "fell" into the radio room from the other sailors rooms that happened to carry those "captured items".... Just one of my logical thoughts.

Taka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X