Flag Opinions Please ..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag Opinions Please ..........

Is this one a WWII era flag or a copy ? Thanks .
    Attached Files

Sorry , only picture available . What do these go for if original ?

Comment

I wish I could see whats on it. Its too small for me to make anything out in the center. Alot of the value would be in the subject matter! More money if its interesting and connected to a famous unit, island campain, or battle. Less money if its less interesting, like an occupation flag signed by the whole kitchen unit.

PG-

Comment

OK, I blew it up the best I could. It appears to say HQ company, 2nd division, 130th infantry. They fought in New Guinea and Luzon. Better pictures should be shown to evaluate authenticity and value. I am not sure if I have ever seen a fake one of these "G.I." signed flags, but you never know.

PG-

Comment

Flag

Hello Craig,Geoff here.

Please understand I am not trying to discount your piece.I am merely trying to point out some concerns I would have. The main one would be the fact that almost every signature appears to have been written with the same pen and are mostly written in blocks of three lines,and are not signed (As far as I can see) Without any cursive signatures.Also In combat environments these flags got wet,muddy and dirty.With this flag having no evidence of these conditions I would have some concerns.

Just wishing you the best and a different perspective
          Happy collecting,

Geoff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X