• Show
Clear All

Officer's Sword with tassel

What's this worth?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Lwy6NzQUfMtyXY

Thanks

Originally posted by dagger1978 View Post
    or perhaps

Hello, my name is (insert your name here) and I'm new to the Forum. I have what I believe is a Japanese Army Officer sword and would like to learn more about it. Can any of you assist me with an accurate description and perhaps approximate value?

However, in answer to your question, it's really not possible to give an accurate assessment based upon those photos. The value of any edged weapon is in the blade. Not enough is shown but what I can see is not encouraging. The photos are also slightly out of focus so details are difficult to make out on the back strap . The tassel appears to be a field grade type although significantly damaged. Frankly, unless better photographs reveal something that would enhance the value greatly I doubt you would get more than 100 USD for it on Ebay. Even that may be high and it could remain unsold. The opinions of others may differ of course.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Destroyd Field grade tasssel on a company officer dress sword.
      Value , not much.

Comment

ha ha ha

Brilliant Stu!

All you have to do is show a little respect and people will be glad to help.

Thanks for all the help you gave me over the weekend Stu because without it I would have bought a good quality repro sword.

You really know your stuff

Mike

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've seen this sword, or one very similar listed somewhere for $1200. Yes, one thousand and two hundred dollars...

Comment

Fair price $500

Comment

Too much.
              Like said before prox. 100-200 usd.

Comment

$100-$125.............................................. ........meeelion dollars

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
                  Too much.
                  Like said before prox. 100-200 usd.
                  You are right ..I though it was a Kyu Gunto but is a regular army sabre...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X