NCR sword - Awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCR sword - Awesome!

This sword just kills me! I love how there was a sword created with a company's logo all over it. A fantastic piece of history! If only I had a few extra bucks.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NORTHERN-CHI...item1c2d7768c2

Tom

Mantentsu sword.....machine made blade supposedly from a better quality steel but In my opinion never at that price....they usually sell for around $2400...

Comment

Theres the habaki with number nice koshirae.

Comment

道作
        Seki Jyu KaneMichi Saku

小島 時二郎
        Kojima Tokijiro

He's listed as "Eastern Block" Maegashira rank swordsmith in the
        日本刀劍新聞社 (Nihon Token Shinbunshi), 1943: http://www.jp-sword.com/files/seki/gendaito.html

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
          Theres the habaki with number nice koshirae.
          And the tsuba number 552 matches the numbering (in faded lacquer paint) on the tang: 五五二

--Guy

Comment

Although it is not a Mantetsu blade, that brings up a question on whether a Mantetsu blade would ever be found with NCR connected koshirae. I know virtually nothing of the history of the NCR and South Manchurian Railways and any connection that they may have had to eachother. On the surface, since I connect Mantetsu with SMR (maybe an immediate error on my part?), I would think that it would be like a Coke truck hauling around a Pepsi product. Maybe the NCR and SMR were part of the same controlling entity on paper? I could not say. As to the numbered habaki, there is the exception to the rule. I do have a sword in my collection that has a numbered habaki with the NCR logo stamped into the nakago, so a pattern has surfaced.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Did you by chance save the photos and if so can you please post them?

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Hey Stu,

Sorry, but I did not.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X