Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Shin Gunto seppa

Hello everyone,
    I have a sword that I got quite a while ago. The handle has always been a bit loose. It never really bothered me, as its a wall hanger only. Its in very nice condition, but is never handled. Its missing (2) seppa. The style thats pictured below. Are these pretty general in size for a type 98 sword? Or are they highly specific to each sword? Where can I get a set of these in very nice condition? THanks for any and all help

PG-
    Attached Files

Hi Paul,

They are not cookie cutter standard but usually very close. Sometimes a little work with a file is required to accommodate a scabbard lock ,or to seat the blade itself, but from my experience they will usually drop into place.

Someone like our member Doug Austin, Austo1 I think is his site name, will have some I'm sure. Here is a link to his site as well just FYI...

http://www.guntoartswords.com/

I've found him to be very accommodating and have no hesitation with this recommendation.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Gunto Seppa

G'Day Paul and Stu
      Unfortunately I don't have any loose sets in stock at the moment however I will be picking up more stock next weekend. I will let Paul know if a loose set is included.
      I bebieve that Fred Lohmans sells Reproduction Sets if that is any help.
      Regards
      Doug
      www.guntoartswords.com

Comment

Thank You Stu and Doug! I would be interested if you ever get more original ones Doug. Thanks for the information and contact

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
        X