MAX Show and Japanese Militaria.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAX Show and Japanese Militaria.

Anyone attend and see any Japanese militaria of interest?

Regards,
    Stu

i had a table. there were a number of Japanese sword dealers as usual. There were a few odd swords here and there for sale, many seemed over priced as sellers did not know what they had.

Mark
    nixe@bright.net

Comment

I heard it was a weak showing of Japanese militaria. Not much found by those who attended.

Comment

Eric Doody and Greg Babich had about the best selection of Japanese militaria. They always have the good stuff though! Picked up a couple nice T89 knee mortar fuzes off of Eric on Friday.
        I bought a nice collection of Japanese ordnance in the original shipping crate with capture papers. Also picked up a nice 7/8ths child's trainer and civil defense helmet with capture papers.

Comment

The Naval Advanced Base (NAB) Navy 158 Fleet Post Office on the bring back paper was for Torokina Bougainville, Solomon Islands. Pretty cool

Comment

Thanks for the info! The grouping actually came with a paper stating that so your info helps to authenticate what it says. I appreciate it much!

Comment

MAX Show Update

Just a few quick observations on what I saw at the show; quite a few dealers had Japanese awards/medals for sale, although most were common ones. I brought a good selection of senninbari and good luck flags. I sold a senninbari cap and 5-6 senninbari belts. I also probably sold 8 good luck flags and a number of smaller plain Japanese national flags. Dean K had a large selection of Japanse plane relic pieces for sale, various shoulder boards, collar tabs and navy rank and ratings patches. He also had some nice IJN and IJA aviation items for sale including gloves, flight suits, floatation vest, flight helmets and steel combat helmets. John E had an awesome IJA award sculpture for sale as well as patches, collar tabs and shoulder boards. He also had the upper class enamel navy pilot badge with the man's class information inscribed on the reverse. He also had an IJN flotation vest for sale. John had one of the nicest IJA steel helmets available as well. It included the original net and camoflouge still knotted to the net. There were a number of navy steel helmets available throughout the show, including one at Eric D's table. One helmet was marked to a sailor aboard a submarine. John E also had a few navy steel and brass anchor helmets for sale as well. I did see maybe 2 stencil painted anchor helmets available. I also saw 3 IJA pilot badges for sale. One was in perfect condition, one appeared to be a variation badge and the other had a repair to the rivet that held the star in place. In general, there were not many signed flags for sale and even fewer stitch belts. I saw no post war occupation souvenir flags. It did seem as though everyone had Japanese bayonets for sale. Jim Bogdan's flag and ordnance exhibit was very nice as usual.
              MikeB

Comment

Did the hemet marked to a submarine sell or is it still available?

Comment

MAX SHow

I don't know whether the submarine marked helmet sold or not. Dean K would probably have a better idea as I am not a helmet collector. If I remember correctly, the dealer still had the piece on the last day of the show but I am not certain. MikeB

Comment

Mikeb

Thanks. I'd like to ask Dean K directly. whats his ID on this forum so I can send him a message?

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X