Two relic Japanese helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two relic Japanese helmets

Do you suppose these helmets are both grond dug or just thrown out back for decades? The army one has some cracks that would lead me to believe ground dug (not the mention the rusting) but I'm not sure about the navy. They caame from different sources -- one from a trader and the other picked up at a gargage sale.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Military Trader; 08-02-2012, 06:02 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

From my experience of digging up Japanese Helmets, the army one definately looks to have been dug up due to the pitting and amount of rust....most likely picked up from somewhere in the Pacific. The Navy helmet looks like it was just stored wrong and deteriorated to its present condition. Hope this helps.

David.

Comment

That's just about what I figured. Thanks David. You can imagine my excitement when a "good ole boy" fellow I know told me he found a helmet at a garage sale with an anchor on the front and asked me if I wanted it. I had visions of a comlete Navy landing forces helmet with liner etc. But you take what you get, that's for sure.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Thanks NLF for posting your relic Navy and Naval Para helmet. The search continues for a navy one for my collection LOL....

David.

Comment

only two I ever seen availible. And one on that website from Guadalcanal this one might be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Military Trader View Post
                    That's just about what I figured. Thanks David. You can imagine my excitement when a "good ole boy" fellow I know told me he found a helmet at a garage sale with an anchor on the front and asked me if I wanted it. I had visions of a comlete Navy landing forces helmet with liner etc. But you take what you get, that's for sure.
                    I would have felt the same way LOL....but to still find one in this condition at a garage sale of all places is pretty cool.

David.

Comment

When I was a kid a friend's father had a complete helmet he had brought home.
                      He kept it outside as a cover to a vent on his sepric tank.
                      Over the years it finally rusted completely away.
                      I think he thought it was funny,
                      He did preserve a sword and T38 Carbine.
                      Most fathers of my friends were WW2 vets. As were most others of prpoper age.
                      The Pacific guys who were actually in combat were very disdainful of Japanese soldiers.
                      MLP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X