AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese grouping for sale locally...Nambu, sword and flight helmet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese grouping for sale locally...Nambu, sword and flight helmet.

I saw this grouping today. Comes from a local estate. The price is $2250. Is this way above average for a grouping like this. It looks real nice though. A description follows provided by seller. Thanks for all replies.

"This is a really neat set of souvenirs brought back from World War 2 including the paperwork for it. Japanese nambu pistol with holster and two matching serial clips. Samurai sword with matching serial scabbard. Leather Japanese flight helmet. Some people call this the kamikaze helmet. Leather is in good condition and rabbit on inside is too. Sword and gun have been in a closet for almost 60 years. I would consider a trade towards a vehicle. Serious inquiries only."
    Attached Files

Need better photos of course but from what I can see that's an authentic Type 95 NCO sword so it's rough value would be between 600-800 USD depending upon condition. I can't comment as to the other items but others will I'm sure.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Grouping

I think if thats a firm price you are paying full retail plus

Comment

Agreed.
        Unless it's something like a July 1945 dated Type 14 you wouldn't be getting much of a deal. The flight helmet is Army and looks nice, but again, not a real barn burner in terms of money.

eric

Comment

Find out the date of the Type-14. Most likely a 19 date, which is the most common year made. If it is a 19 date, then the collection is overpriced. Agree with previous estimate of the NCO sword, just not sure I would say it was real yet based on the low detail photos.

Thanks
          Pat

Comment

Originally posted by blinky View Post
            Agreed.
            Unless it's something like a July 1945 dated Type 14 you wouldn't be getting much of a deal. The flight helmet is Army and looks nice, but again, not a real barn burner in terms of money.

eric
            From seller---"Nambu is January 45 I think. 20.1"

I'm not familiar w/ Jap stuff to much. What is the 20.1 or 19 date mean?
            -Paul

Comment

19=1944....20=1945 20.1 = january 45

Comment

Originally posted by NLF View Post
                19=1944....20=1945 20.1 = january 45
                Ok great. So what would b a good price for this grouping? 1800?

Comment

If you can get a type 14 near 20.8 those are big bucks since the was ended 20.9 and condition isn't a real big factor!

Comment

$1800 would be more realistic. The Type 14 looks nice, especially if it's matching. If all three items are on the capture paper and the serial numbers of the pistol match the number on the paper that's a plus.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X