Japanese dagger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese dagger?

I got this today, but I am not 100% sure what it is. I went throught the Dawson book but I cannot find the exact piece. The closest I got was the police sword, dagger. It more the size of the dagger then a sword. Scabbard is leather covered. I did not clean the blade but you still can see temper line on the blade. So any help would be appreciated.
    regards Rajko
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That's the Japanese Police emblem right there

Comment

I think the dagger is fake. The finish of the hilts metal parts are wrong. The scabbard may also be wrong. Is it metal or wood?
          Regards
          Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSvensson View Post
            I think the dagger is fake. The finish of the hilts metal parts are wrong. The scabbard may also be wrong. Is it metal or wood?
            Regards
            Daniel
            It is wood. If this is fake that is the best fake that they ever came out with. I never saw a fake with a nice temper line like this one has.

Comment

You have a Meiji Period police dirk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                You have a Meiji Period police dirk.
                Thank you

Comment

I've had one of these in the past and also seen a few. The reasons why I think it's a replica are the following. I've never seen one with a leather bound grip before all had blackened same. Nor have I seen one with a wooden saya, all have had a chromed or plated steel saya. In many times this plating have been worn off and the scabbard have then had a black colour. All dirks of this pattern I've seen before had machine made blades with no Hamon(etched or real) At last I think the metal parts of the tsuka are over decorated. This dirk is like a combination of a police dirk and a police sword. I attach a link to a genuine dirk. http://www.antiqueswords.com/product...th-Century.htm
                  Of course I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
                  Kind Regards
                  Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X