Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best dealer for flag

Hi
    Who are reliable dealers when purchasing a Japanese flag with Kanji writing? I have no experience with these and would like to try to get an authentic one. What things do you look for in original flag construction etc?
    Thanks

Bob Chatt at Vintage productions,German militaria.com, griffin militaria

Comment

Dr. Mike Bortner (MikeB here on WAF) has found me some great flags. He's also the author of an excellent book on flags. Have a look here...

http://www.gethistorytoday.com/

May I suggest you contact him and see what he may have to offer. If you want to learn more about the construction etc. you can't go wrong buying the book. It's also a fascinating read.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

I agree Mike is great I did not know he also sold flags.

Comment

I don't have a web page or anything, but I almost always have a couple flags for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Nambu View Post
            I don't have a web page or anything, but I almost always have a couple flags for sale.
            ...indeed, and I should have mentioned that as I've purchased a few from Ted myself and each has been well described, fairly priced and promptly delivered.

Regards,
            Stu

Comment

Thanks guys, really helpful info there.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Nambu View Post
                Me too...I have several nice ones purchased directly from CA veterans. I'd gladly pass them along to someone who would care for them..

Comment

stewartsmilitaryantiques

Here is a respected dealer in the US, www.stewartsmilitaryantiques.com, He has several signed Japanese flags for sale right now.

http://www.stewartsmilitaryantiques....se&getcategory=

Jim
                  Japaneseordnance(at)yahoo.com

Comment

However, the washed out flag at Stewarts is a fake.http://www.stewartsmilitaryantiques....3&getcategory=
                    The handwriting of the the faker has become too well known, so they now wash it out to
                    obscure it.

Comment

Dr. Mike Bortner is the BEST!

His website was already listed above.

Regards,

Ron W.
                      www.beyondpearlharbor.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                        However, the washed out flag at Stewarts is a fake.http://www.stewartsmilitaryantiques....3&getcategory=
                        The handwriting of the the faker has become too well known, so they now wash it out to
                        obscure it.
                        Hi Nick,

I've made Larry aware of this post so he can check out the flag. I've dealt with him before and found him to be a good honest guy so I'm sure he will address the matter.

Regards,
                        Stu

Comment

Flag update

Nick...further to my last, Larry extends his thanks for the info and as you can see he has removed the flag from his site.

Regards,
                          Stu

Comment

Yes, he's been in touch with me. I gave him the name of the faker, so it was easy to clear up.

Comment

Stu

Many thanks for your courtesy in contacting me regarding the flag on our site. If you had not taken the time to do so it likely would have remained there, or worse, sold to someone.

Many of our Japanese items come from an honest and well respected friend who lives in Tokyo. I have never had reason to question anything I have ever purchased from him thus far. It just goes to show that none of us know all and reinforces the importance of forums like this. Nick was quite thorough in his description to me of the reasons behind his statement of the flag being a bad one and went on to say that he too had been taken by the same individual in the past. A fair warning to all I would say.

The flag has been removed from our site and will be destroyed.

Thanks again....

Larry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X