Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Rare Prototype NCO Sword

Hi All,

I thought I would share one of my latest and most exciting finds. It is a prototype Japanese NCO sword. There is one listed in Jim Dawsons book but the one he has pictured is a little rough. This one is in almost pristine condition.

Since I took so many pictures I am just post a link to the pics.

http://collectorsmilitaria.com/a_ver...ord_062612.htm

Enjoy!

Wow, a nice found.
    Are the materials the same as Dawson's book says; a copper plated aluminum handle, a copper plated aluminum tsuba (mmm, nice thick tsuba), and an aluminum blade?

Thanks for sharing.

Shigezo
    加州住繁蔵

Comment

Hi I believe so except the blade might be a plated steel though.

Bill

Comment

interesting it has no serial number as other NCO swords do. the blade looks to be plated steel from the small rust spot at the ricasso. must be my eyes, but the tsuba and grip dont look to have any copper color to me. interesting sword.

Comment

Hi,

The handle and tsuba are plated aluminum. Its possibly plated with brass or it could be copper just a different color. There is a small rust spot at the base of the blade so it is plated steel.

It is possible the one in Dawason's book is a little different or it might just be mine is in such pristine condition.

2 years ago I had a gunto that had the same blade, with a little smaller scabbard and handle like this one but it was wrapped like a type 98 officers sword. I will ask my friend who bought it if he can take a couple of photos it for comparison.

Comment

Very interested and great pics. Is this variant normally without a copper habaki?

Comment

wow..very rare NCO Sword !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X