Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese helmet reproduction??

Hello Guys,

Your opinion on this one is appreciated, obviously liner and net are repro but what about the shell??

thanks,

its a civilian helmet shell

Comment

The liner is correct for a civilian helmet. Can't tell you if it's original or not from these pictures alone, but I doubt there's enough demand to make fake/repro liners for these. Then again there isn't much to them so it wouldn't be hard to make one.
      The star and net are added on. I remember seeing a lot of these around in the 80s being sold as "late war army/navy helmets". I think someone found a pile of them in a warehouse and dressed them up to make more money.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I had one of these....

Yikes, I bought one of these when I was a new collector. It is exactly the same in every way, the star, liner type and netting from the imfamous House of swords and militaria mail order catalog back in the early 1980's. It was the very first Japanese helmet I ever owned. I believe it to be a civilan helmet reconditioned post war with new paint and an added star.

Jim
          JapaneseOrdnance(at)Yahoo.com

Comment

ha I have owned the Navy version of this at one time long ago and everything including the helmet is post war. Normally you would see a Kanji (by a non Japanese) painted on the back rim area.

David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X