Japanese soldier bringbacks/souvenirs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese soldier bringbacks/souvenirs?

Does anyone have in their collection souvenirs made by Japanese soldiers from the islands/garrisons they occupied during the war? I am thinking particularly of coconuts having carved kanji of locations/names, etc. by the Japanese soldiers, things of that nature. If so, any pics. greatly appreciated, thanks!

Tom
    Last edited by GeorgeP; 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM.

I personally don't have any but I saw in a magaine of he 100th anniversary of the 1911 that contained a picture of an Ithaca taken by the Japanese and later "retrieved" by a GI. Believe there is another floating around that is pitted without grips

Comment

Not really what you're looking for, but I have a souvenir photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info. and photo guys, very interesting!

Tom

Comment

Nice photo Papa Nambu, very nice to see it. Based on the clothing and accessories of the aborigines, the photo seemed like it was taken in Formosa/Taiwan, the first Japanese colony from 1895-1945. If you can provide the picture with higher resolution, it shouldn't be too difficult to determine the exact aborigine ethnic from the picture...FYI, the Formosan aborigines all have different designs, patterns and symbols of their own.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X