Veteran Bringback Belt with 12 Helmet Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aircrew76 View Post
    has to be one of the best japanese items I have ever seen each nlf anchor is worth an easy 500.00 you got a deal !!!!!
    How many do you want to buy today ? lol

Comment

That is a fantastic find - well done!

Regards

Russ

Comment

has to be one of the best japanese items I have ever seen each nlf anchor is worth an easy 500.00 you got a deal !!!!!
        They are way down these days. The market has been flooded with them. I got one for $50 2 weeks ago.

Comment

my mistake on values

after checking with a well known japanese helmet collector the current anchor prices are brass 300.00 each
          nickle 350.00 each both with prongs intact
          so I have to defer to those who know more than I

Comment

after checking with a well known japanese helmet collector the current anchor prices are brass 300.00 each
            nickle 350.00 each both with prongs intact
            so I have to defer to those who know more than I
            The usual asking price if someone is looking is $300-$350. If you try to sell one at that price on ebay you will see it will go unsold. A few years ago they would sell easy for $300+ The realized ebay auction prices of late have been a high of $150 to a new low of $50.

Comment

I agree, while back they were bringing up to $300 for a nice one. The last few months, I have purchased 3 of them for under $150.00 and 1 for $99.00. They are nice to have for display but if you are trying to match it up (paint on anchor/helmet) with a Navy helmet missing one its like finding a needle in a haystack. Regardless this piece has the WOW factor. Nice Score

David.

Comment

Incredible Pacific theater artifact, great find.

Comment

I'll third that. Navy helmet insignias are way down.

Comment

I sure hope that the discussion of the individual prices of the insignia is not pushing the owner to destroy the belt by removing the helmet insignia for sale as separate items.

On the "hate belt" connection: I wonder if this WWII vet had, as a kid growing up in the 1920's, seen the "hate belts" brought back by WWI vets . . . thus prompting him to put together this PTO souvenir during his own service time? Many WWII vets had fathers who fought in WWI, so I can just imagine this vet's dad and/or dad's friends having shown him a WWI souvenir "hate belt" as a kid.

Comment

Alan, some dealers might break it up for individual sale, but I think the current owner (and probably most of us here) recognises its value as a bring back item worthy of being kept in its current condition. It is truly a superb, unique item!

Regards

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by RussellM View Post
                        Alan, some dealers might break it up for individual sale, but I think the current owner (and probably most of us here) recognises its value as a bring back item worthy of being kept in its current condition. It is truly a superb, unique item!

Regards

Russ
                        Absolutely Agree with Russ.

David.

Comment

Don't worry guys, I wouldn't split this one up. This historical value in this is in the set, not the individual items. -Jeremy

Comment

VERY nice! Listen to Jeremy. He speaks the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smith View Post
                              I sure hope that the discussion of the individual prices of the insignia is not pushing the owner to destroy the belt by removing the helmet insignia for sale as separate items.

On the "hate belt" connection: I wonder if this WWII vet had, as a kid growing up in the 1920's, seen the "hate belts" brought back by WWI vets . . . thus prompting him to put together this PTO souvenir during his own service time? Many WWII vets had fathers who fought in WWI, so I can just imagine this vet's dad and/or dad's friends having shown him a WWI souvenir "hate belt" as a kid.
                              Indeed, there were some WW2 vets that also fought in WW1. Remember Gunny in Robert Leckie's book "Helmet for my pillow"?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X