T 14 Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T 14 Holster

What is the opinion of the cartridge box flap on this T 14 holster? It certainly doesn't match the other leather on the holster, but there are no signs of extra holes in the holster from being replaced. The thread color and texture match the original exactly, and does not fluoresce. There is a wear mark under the flap where it has rubbed against the cartridge holder, and a mark on the outside where the lid of the holster rubs against it. Never thought much about it until someone was interested in buying a T14 holster, and raised the question.

Notice on the inside below the stitching the edge is not cut strait. I think the factory would have patterns cut to keep the size consistent. On my holsters that cut is strait. I've seen late war items like helmet liners put together with mismatched scraps of leather, but late war Nambu holsters were being made of canvas, so can't blame this on wartime leather shortages.

My guess is that it's probably a old repair, possibly wartime since it shows use and people didn't usually wear Nambu holsters around much after the war. I also think the stitching for the top flap may have been replaced around the same time. The other stitching is a darker color than those 2 areas.

Comment

Thanks for the input. It's a puzzle. In actually viewing the holster the thread is the same color and texture as the other thread that has not been exposed to handling or oils. The holster is still in nice condition, and hard to imagine a situation requiring the inside flap to be replaced.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X