Type 30 Carbine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 30 Carbine?

Just picked this up today and I need some help to ID this carbine. It appears to be a Type 30, but it has a Cherry blossom stamped where you would normally see the Chrysanthemum. Any opinions on what this might be? I was thinking a trainer or school gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon

We Japanese rifle collectors call that a North China Type 19 carbine. There are three significant variations. The early variations were in 8mm & middle to late in 6.5. These were made in Japanese occupied Chinese arsenals for Chinese troops loyal to Japan as well as issued to Japanese soldiers. These were patterened after Jap. type 30 carbines. There are significant differences such as blossom instead of mum, screw in cleaning rods & buldge in lower stock profiles. Very last variations were extremely crude with rear peep sights & no rods.

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
      We Japanese rifle collectors call that a North China Type 19 carbine. There are three significant variations. The early variations were in 8mm & middle to late in 6.5. These were made in Japanese occupied Chinese arsenals for Chinese troops loyal to Japan as well as issued to Japanese soldiers. These were patterened after Jap. type 30 carbines. There are significant differences such as blossom instead of mum, screw in cleaning rods & buldge in lower stock profiles. Very last variations were extremely crude with rear peep sights & no rods.
      Thanks for the information. The finish on the stock is high gloss, is that an original finish? Jon

Comment

early variants had better quality finish. Hard to say from photos but I'd say finish looks like my early variant

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X