No announcement yet.

Army Cavalry Sword With Field Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They must have made a lot of these swords as I see them all the time.I know where there are 2 just down the street and they are different sizes.One has the leather and the larger one does not, all their numbers match.I can pick them up for $100-150 is that a good price?Oh yea the long one is mounted on a sam brown belt(Japanese).

Enjoy your hobby
    Dennis J

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J View Post
      They must have made a lot of these swords as I see them all the time.I know where there are 2 just down the street and they are different sizes.One has the leather and the larger one does not, all their numbers match.I can pick them up for $100-150 is that a good price?Oh yea the long one is mounted on a sam brown belt(Japanese).

Enjoy your hobby
      Dennis J
      Hi Dennis,

You are correct, these are still plentiful having been produced in the thousands. The price range for these in North America runs from 100-300 USD depending upon condition and whether or not it's a private sale or from a dealer. They were originally issued with matching numbers. The belt, depending upon what kind, will add value above what I have mentioned as my estimates were for the swords alone.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
        Looks like a fine old piece. These Type 32 Army swords were produced "in the white" or "black" versions as I understand it from reading about them in the Dawson reference book. You don't often see them with the leather finger loop intact anymore.

What's the blade length? Again, from Dawson, they were produced in two different blade lengths. The "ko" with a 32 3/4 inch length blade and the "otsu" with a 30 1/2 inch blade length. The ko was intended for all NCOs and men in the cavalry whereas the shorter otsu went to the NCOs and men in the military police, transportation corps, as well as master sergeants in the infantry, engineers and artillery.

Regards,
        Stu

Stu,

Many thanks for this marvelous information.

The blade is in fact.....30 1/2 inches.

Best regards,
        RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
        X