Sayagaki - Writing on Japanese Sword Saya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sayagaki - Writing on Japanese Sword Saya

This Sayagaki is on the Saya of a very interesting Mumei Wakizashi. Can anyone here translate this?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Don wish i could help , think i see Osafune...and some numbers, id ask over on NMB...im sure Koichi san would help.

Comment

Now that everyone is back form the Chicago Sword Show, though I would ask again about this. I will also dust off my NMB ID and post there.

Comment

Post 2 says in large letters "Mumei" and the rest is an address from Nagasaki

Comment

Thanks Nick. Sounds like the Sayagaki is about as useful as sandpaper for evaluating this sword.

Comment

The right side photo of post 1, what comes below that? I need to see a continuous image to be sure it's only an address.

Comment

It is 3 independent characters near the base of the Saya, I was hoping that it translated as "Kunifusa (made) This" or "Kunifusa (wrote) This".

This photo didn't turn out too well, but am hoping you will find it useful.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by checkit; 05-03-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

If those 3 are independent, I would read it as 関 憲之 Seki Noriyuki

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                  X