X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCARCE! RUSSO-JAPANESE WAR NAVAL ADMIRALS KYU-GUNTO SWORD w/ISSUE

Thats what the seller says it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3#ht_500wt_922

I told him its a fantasy sword from denix in spain , and this is what I got back

Are you kidding me? You better buy a good Japanese Sword book and educate yourself so next time you go emailing someone you won't sound so dumb. Regards, Frank

I don't doubt you are correct and that's a rather immature response you received.

Kyu-gunto are not something I've studied or collected but even if it was authentic would it not be an Army piece anyway? The back strap sides of a Navy sword were straight to the best of my recollection.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Any one found this sword in any of your books?

Comment

sad part is you cant turn him for his 100% for sure im suckering you in.

Comment

i saw one of these at a gun show a while back. i am sure it is a modern fake

Comment

He recommends that the guard be restored, though if its so rare that would be rather hard to do. I guess you could write off to Denix and get one. When I bought my Denix 1933 SS Dagger, and my Denix P08 I'm sure I kept one of their catalogue thingies. I should find one and see if this is listed. It looks familiar.

Comment

I mailed him a link too a site where they sell these "replica" , but he stated that it was a copy of the sword he has.
              Im 110% sure its a denix.
              He sells original swords and items ,no doubt.
              So my conclusion is , he dont know 100% or he cheat people.
              Anybody knows this guy?

Comment

My $.02, there's a lot of stuff he's selling that looks like post-war production. on his swords, there's something with every single one of them that would prevent me from buying it online without seeing it in person. His M3 knives look new as well. I'm no expert, but I would save my money for another day or seller.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X