X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last
    Attached Files

Comment

I also see the symbol "chikara" for strength, several times.

PG-
      Attached Files

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

This is very cool. I have a flag that I got from the veteran who took it out of a dicarded Japanese Army helmet near Shuri during the Battle of Okinawa. Here is the the link to the flag and story. Thanks for sharing this neat item. Regards David.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=250202

Comment

Thanks Guys! David, I checked out your flag, its very nice. I am sure its a great addition to the Okinawa battle museum. Its very interesting to see that your flag has rust stains on it as well, very similar indeed. Unfortunately for me, this helmet and flag came with no known history.

PG-

Comment

The only intriguing entry is the right most one saying Disassembled Transport..... I think the last part may read "for the sake of the horse", although not clear. Why anyone would write such uninspiring technical instructions on a flag eludes me.

Comment

Thank you Nick That is pretty strange, I wonder if thats a reference to a motorized transport? A driver? An officer of a transport company? Maybe the family who signed it were horse people? or from a remote area that still used horses for transportation? Intriguing, to say the least! Thanks again Nck, its got me wondering for sure.

PG-

Comment

I think it is in reference to something like a mountain gun, anyway a mechanical thing is implied by disassemble. I also think it pertains to his military duty, not the civilian life he left behind.

Comment

Ok, I see Nick, THank you

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X