Flag for review....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag for review....

This one is for auction right now, a Vice Admiral flag. At first glance, I liked it. But two things bother me. Size is only 54" by 34" and ties. I'm only posting two pics, I figure that's enough to form an opinion. But the size and the rope/ties bother me. This just doesn't look like it was meant to be flown on a ship of battle or even over a base. If you've held real examples, you'll know what I'm talking about. For me : I'd be interested in other's opinions though.
    Attached Files

it looks hand stitched

Comment

looks good to me

I have a printed full admiral, same size with the exact same kind of thin rope material. To me that looks like an original flag. I too collect japanese flags but I will not be bidding in that auction. Looks unissued. I feel comfortable with this flag. I have several with the hand stitching. I am unaware of any serious attempts to reproduce Officer rank Japanese Naval flags. I am open to correction....

Jim
      JapaneseOrdnance(at) Yahoo.com

Link shows ordnance and Japanese flag collection. Page 2
      http://www.castle-thunder.com/wforum...opic.php?t=976

Comment

So two thumbs ups. Thanks guys. I'd feel better if it had some type of marking. Where do you think a flag of this size would have been found? A very small ship? A HQ?

Regards,
        Joel

Comment

depends on size of ship. Even launches/power row boats had small flags. I do not think rank flags were used on land

Comment

Looks like it was obviously folded for quite a while, certianly never used it would seem.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X