Nlf helmet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nlf helmet.

I was looking over at the e-stand at this helmet and I can see what looks like a star was at one time on this NLF helmet.I was wondering what the rest of you thought about this helmet?

IJN w/cloth cover-vet P/U

Dennis J

Army helmet ,looks like star was upside down?

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
      Army helmet ,looks like star was upside down?
      Yea army,star looks like it was upside down.It does not look like a NLF to me.

Dennis J

Comment

Also the liner is upside down on the sides.

Comment

So what do you think is this a NFL helmet? Or an army with naval cover.If it is army it is not NLF and should be pulled before somebody buys it and then finds out that it is not as advertised.

Dennis J

Comment

The liner is a small liner and I think the shell is a large. The rear has been resewn it's all twisted to fit. You can see it would never line up with the hole for the star.

Comment

So its mixed together.

Comment

Originally posted by NLF View Post
                The liner is a small liner and I think the shell is a large. The rear has been resewn it's all twisted to fit. You can see it would never line up with the hole for the star.
                I wonder why the mods have not said anything.I will send thema message now.

Dennis J

Comment

Hello all - I have closed the thread for the time being and have sent a PM to the owner about this thread.
                  Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J View Post
                    So what do you think is this a NFL helmet? Or an army with naval cover.If it is army it is not NLF and should be pulled before somebody buys it and then finds out that it is not as advertised.

Dennis J

Not my specialty so I posted it here.
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=567730
                    Had plenty of interest from the experts on that thread. Didn't seem to have any authenticity issues.

-wagner-

Comment

After seeing that this helmet is and was discussed on another thread. I am re-opening the thread on estand so that the sale can continue and I am going to include both threads from this forum.
                      Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Its an original naval landing helmet cover. The helmet is an army type, looks original but probaby taken apart and put back together all wrong. The cover is nice.

Jim
                        JapaneseORdnance(at)yahoo.com

Comment

The cover had a gapping hole that mysteriously got sewn like Frankenstein lol so not "nice" liner is too small for the helmet end of story no sugar coating!

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
                            Not my specialty so I posted it here.
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=567730
                            Had plenty of interest from the experts on that thread. Didn't seem to have any authenticity issues.

-wagner-
                            Hi Wagner,

I'm sure those of us who know you from the dagger side of things realize Japanese helmets are not your field. One member's initial enthusiasm in your original thread, tempered over time as a more detailed review of the helmet was undertaken, probably lead you astray. I don't think authenticity of the components is the issue. Rather, it's more the way they are currently combined.

Regards,
                            Stu

Comment

I first want to thank Ralph for the 'unlock'.

Stu is correct - I don't know jack about helmets.
                              I did however read up on past threads on these types to get a bit familiar. Didn't help much on a crash course, but got some interesting info anyway like why the metal insignias seem to be missing so often...the white lettering, cloth covers vs. metal insiginas and so forth.

-wagner-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X