Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ww2 japanese tunic for review

this is on ebay ,
    iam thinking of getting a japanese tunic for my displays, my grandpa was on okinawa , and went to japan after the war , and a few other places

whats some opinions

thanx

ben

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-WW2-Jap...item2a16ae386b

if you go to his other items for sale he has a few ww2 japanese tunics for sale

opinions on any of them is welcome too , as some of them are lower in price

any help here is welcome , would really like to find a tunic like the japanese would have worn on okinawa

thanx in advance

ben

Comment

This tunic has been on ebay for about 2 years now. I've seen it for "buy it now" fo years and it has never been touched. Here is my take on it. #1, the tunic is not typical. The ranks indicate private 1st class, but the tunic is more like an officers tunic. It is not typical enlistedman tunic and I rarely see this style for them. Also, there is no name, no stamp marks, nothing. It's a weird piece that looks like someone just sewed insignia ranks on a civilian jacket. #2 problem is the tunic is $200. Being that its already highly suspicious, this is way too much. You would barely pay $200 for a named, textbook example, enlisted man's tunic. Even then you it would sell for like $125.

The other Japanese item that guy has is strange items, highly suspicious non-texbook examples, and way overpriced (if they really are military). I would bet money that they are all pretty much post-war put togethers.

Comment

Over priced and the example you’re looking at is wrong as stated. there are better sellers out there like gunjinantiques or koro-koro1.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X