Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on this estand helmet?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=573456

I’m no expert but the chinstrap goes under the leather liner instead of over it on this helmet. From what I’ve been told it usually indicates that the liner or chinstrap has been removed / fiddled with. Helmet star is also a different colour he says it’s an original but he doesn’t say it’s original to the helmet. I believe the Liner should also have a size mark on it but I’m not sure that this is always the case.

Comment

This one made me scratch my head too.

Comment

Liner has been repaired and maybe repro star or it could have the paint removed.
        Last edited by NLF; 02-10-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I do not like the star compaired to the rest of the helmet paint.I have bought Japanese helmets from vets that had the chin strap under the lining so I see know problem with that.The star does bother me but I could be wrong.Maybe the seller will speak up and give us more info.

Enjoy your hobby
          Dennis J

Comment

Look at his previous posts, like this one http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=465119

He's removed the helmet from the estand after this thread appeared, and I suspect that helmet will be making an appearance on eBay very soon.

Comment

Thanks for confirming my suspicions guys. I'm new to this, and thanks to you folks I'm learning...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X