Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese sword real??

Hello Guys,

I been trying to learn a bit on Japanese swords I bought my self a couple of books and the usual web surfing to sword militaria sites...What s your opinion on this one?? it has all the chracteristics of the real thing...
    thanks for your help..

Are you asking if the sword is real or if the Hizen Tada Yoshi signature is genuine? Ed

Comment

Looks like the Gunto Tsuka was added and not org to sword IMHO, hamon fits Hizen blade

link to ebay auction

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/US-WWII-JAPAN...item589194922f

Comment

you can see in the picture that there are 2 holes in the tsuka, so clearly it was refitted to this blade (and not done well). The tsuba is a Showa era tsuba that you usually see on Showa civilian swords

Comment

Originally posted by nixe View Post
          you can see in the picture that there are 2 holes in the tsuka, so clearly it was refitted to this blade (and not done well). The tsuba is a Showa era tsuba that you usually see on Showa civilian swords
          It's not a tsuka it's a nakago with two mekugi-ana

Comment

tsuba is not showa
            signature gimei if real the sword would be worth $20000

Comment

Originally posted by NLF View Post
              It's not a tsuka it's a nakago with two mekugi-ana
              I'll be the first to admit that my eyesight isn't what it once was but there sure seems to be two holes in the tsuka just as member nixe has said. Have another look. What do you think?

Stu
              Attached Files

Comment

I say 3 mekugiana.
                Need a photo of the other side of tsuka.

Comment

Hi gunto,

I'm not sure but it looks like another hole was drilled from one side only in the tsuka. Maybe an attempt to line up the tsuka with the nakago? I believe this photo will help.

Regards,
                  Stu
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Stu W; 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                    I'll be the first to admit that my eyesight isn't what it once was but there sure seems to be two holes in the tsuka just as member nixe has said. Have another look. What do you think?

Stu
                    maybe there is but, in the first photo shown there was no possible way to see any holes at all in the tsuka only the one you added with this comment!
                    Last edited by NLF; 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NLF View Post
                      maybe there is but, in the first photo shown there was no possible way to see any holes at all in the tsuka only the one you added with this comment!
                      Had you taken the time to view the pictures in the link provided you'd have seen them just as I did. You might then have realized your comment "It's not a tsuka it's a nakago with two mekugi-ana " was not on point.

Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X