IJN Rayed flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN Rayed flag

Here is a plain jane IJN rayed flag that I got with a large grouping of mixed IJN / IJA items. No marks or Kanji present on it. A few small holes, snags, and frayed areas. Has some character and that been there, but not beat too bad look about it. It is made of silk or rayon fabric.

PG-
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

v
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello, beautiful flag. This is so visually appealing. Best, BIll

Comment

Nice Paul! I've often wondered the use of these flags. I personally don't see it being military but maybe more of a home front patriotic thing or maybe a sailors personal flag? What say you guys?

Joel

P.S. Anyone notice how long its been since a good sized IJN ships flag has been on eBay? That last huge one that brought $1500.00 is the last one I can think of. They used to be more common.

Comment

It's not government issue, but it's still an IJN flag and a worthy addition to any WWII Japanese collection. I have the IJA version but I still haven't got one of these in my collection.

Comment

Hello, I got this one out of the woodwork a few years ago and it was massive. I sold it here, should have kept. It was all multi pice sown and was told it was battleship size. Had to go up on the roof for a pic. Best, Bill
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by hs132; 01-07-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Probably a sailors personal flag, as I have seen these come home with soldiers that didn't do occupation duty, but rather fought in the island campaigns. A pretty simple, no frills, flag. I don't generally collect IJN, but have a few pieces, like flags and Sake cups / bottles, that I will keep as representative pieces.

PG-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X