No announcement yet.

Your best finds of 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN summer flight helmet, goggle and Tanto Muromachi period.

rabbit indy
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit indy View Post
      IJN summer flight helmet, goggle and Tanto Muromachi period.

rabbit indy
      Nice tanto

Comment

Nice, guys!

Was gunna finally buy a nice signed Shinto wakizashi for $600, though had about two or three hairline forging ware and a tiny blister on the right side of the blade and a flamboyant midare. Remounted in the '50s, remounted twice before or maybe used the same mekugi-ana for the tsuka cause all three holes looked older. Is an osuriage. Mounts looked poorly as the wrapping was off and the saya had been poorly relaquered and missing the kogai! Buuuut, I got stopped.

Goal for this year: a minty Ichihara Nagamitsu Gendaito in Type 3 mounts with a tassel!

Lev

Comment

My Japanese sword.
          Attached Files

Comment

For me it's my Gendaito in type 3 mounts signed Ichihara Ichiryushi Nagamitsu Saku with original tassel, not moneywise but it made me very happy. This year I hope the find will be a sword that's on it's way to me at the moment. This is also a Gendaito in type 3 mounts signed Kuriyama Kaneaki with tassel and surrender tag. Yes I love these Type 3 Gendaito. I hope you all find what you looking for this year.
            Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSvensson View Post
              For me it's my Gendaito in type 3 mounts signed Ichihara Ichiryushi Nagamitsu Saku with original tassel, not moneywise but it made me very happy. This year I hope the find will be a sword that's on it's way to me at the moment. This is also a Gendaito in type 3 mounts signed Kuriyama Kaneaki with tassel and surrender tag. Yes I love these Type 3 Gendaito. I hope you all find what you looking for this year.
              Daniel
              Hello Daniel and happy new year , i`d love to see your swords

cheers Al

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                My Japanese sword.
                Hello Chen and happy new year , thats fantastic patina on yor sword , any chance of seeing the blade also ?

cheers Al

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSvensson View Post
                  For me it's my Gendaito in type 3 mounts signed Ichihara Ichiryushi Nagamitsu Saku with original tassel, not moneywise but it made me very happy. This year I hope the find will be a sword that's on it's wany to me at the moment. This is also a Gendaito in type 3 mounts signed Kuriyama Kaneaki with tassel and surrender tag. Yes I love these Type 3 Gendaito. I hope you all find what you looking for this year.
                  Daniel
                  Daniel,

Very jealous of your swords, man! Do you have available pics of the Nagamitsu?

Thanks!
                  Lev

Comment

Here's my best find of the century http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=536181

Comment

My best pick up for 2011

I was lucky enough to win a large Thai/Burma railway POW grouping.
                      Included were a Red Cross package, post cards from the Camp to home, 4 chalk art drawings by famous prisoner artists, over 50 photos from before his internment, then during and after the surrender, numerous items that his wife collected in regards to the Pacific War, his medical assessments and the first letter he wrote home after his recovery by the Brits in Sep 45.

In this letter he tells how the Japanese Officer surrendered his company of soldiers to the "Senior" prisoners, he being 43 at the time, and how the tables had turned as the prisoners now ran the camp and made the Japanese bow and salute them. He then mentions that he is in the possession of the Officers Pistol and Long sword, and he is sending it home in advance of his return.

Some prisoners were returned to Singapore for a number of months to "fatten them up" before coming home.

The Type 94, Showa 15, is still wrapped in two pieces of Japanese material and the sword is in approx 85% polish.

I will post better pictures later as I have packed the whole of my collection away due to a house move shortly.

Regards Graham.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sword

sword photos
                        Attached Files

Comment

Blade

Sadly, after all he went through during the war, he was killed in 1977 by a hit and run Driver. His daughter now in her mid 80's kept his medals and portrait as she is moving into an aged care village.
                          As with many families, the relatives were all arguing over the sword and pistol with no regard for the other historical items. She made the sale and split the money amongst them.
                          I found a 1978 dated letter amongst everything which revealed he had a memorial and plaque within 20 miles from my house. I took my 9 and 10 year old there and we paid our respects.

GCG.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice items guys!!!!

I picked up a couple of nice pieces this year. A very nice Naval Special carbine and a couple of nice crated rifles (my personal favorite)
                            including this nice T44 carbine. Not a big ordinance collector, but I also recently picked up this nice steel fuze T89 mortar round
                            and a bangalore torpedo fuze as well.

Comment

best finds of 2011

hi lads, a few of my finds from last year,thebest to you all and a very happy new year, cheers, brenig.
                              Attached Files

Comment

more pics
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X