My new officers sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Hello Stu and a happy new year , I thought mono coloured brown tassels were Naval issue only, another member NLF posted that he was informed that they were issued to both Navy and Army late on , so i presume that they must have been excess Naval stock and due to obvious shortages , were then issued generally to both IJN and IJA

Cheers Al
    Hi Al,

I'm relying on what Dawson says (page 408) in his book. Mid brown was for Army and dark brown was for Navy. Nothing to do with excess stock as I understand it as they are quite different.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

Really a great book too and one worth adding into your library if gunto interest you.

Regards,
      Stu
      Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks for the info Stu , that is a super looking reference book

cheers Al

Comment

I will be posting this sword on estand,international section tonight...
          regrets,
          Mark
          “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

Gentlemen,
            Now posted on the International e stand
            “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Sheffy View Post
              Gentlemen,
              Now posted on the International e stand
              I sent the owner a pm on this sword being that I have never bought one I figure at least this one is original. Whould I be correct in that assumption? Sorry to ask questions that seem elementary to you guys but I know there are plenty of fakes out there. For yrs I have wanted to buy a original ww2 era IJ sword is this a chance at a good one? So this is a machine made blade like one of the other members said in his post? And is it possible to get a hand forged blade from ww2 for under 1000.00? One that's in about the same condition this one is in? Again sorry for the questions guys but this has been a life long quest for me to get a original. And I just want to make sure before I make a offer on this that its what I think it is and something I will be happy with forever.

Thanks guys

Comment

blitzkreig,
                I have recieved no PM from you.
                You can see by the comments that this is a good one.
                Regards,
                Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X