Manchuria Incident Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchuria Incident Flag

Just wondering if anyone can offer any insight into this flag.

Cheers.

Ebay # 280784973245

Don't bother with that one.

Comment

Thanks for that Papa!

Comment

I agree, if you don't own it already.........Leave it be. Its got some Bad kanji if you ask me!

PG-

Comment

Paul,
          I placed a bid on it, but thankfully I was outbid. I wasnt sure on it, but I was willing to take a punt on it being related to Manchuria.
          Thanks for your imput.

Comment

Original flags are usually written with a brush. Maybe someone might sign with a fountain pen, but at least any large writing will be done with a brush. When you write with a brush, it lays the ink on heavy, and as you write the ink starts to run out and get lighter, then you dip your brush again and keep going. When you use a marker, the ink is pretty much consistent, the lines are mostly about the same size. Even if you use a modern pen brush which is what a lot of Japanese people use today to give their writing the traditional appearance, the ink flow will at least still be fairly consistent.

I didn't bother too much trying to read any of this flag, but what I did read doesn't seem to belong on a WW2 flag. You don't need to be able to read it to see it's not written with a brush.

The red ink writing is a red flag. You see stamps with red ink, rarely writing. I've never seen anything written in red ink on a real yosegaki flag. I've seen them very rarely signed with blood, but blood does not stay that red over time like ink.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X