Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old sword

Hello Guys,

This old almost relic sword is for sale... I bought items from this seller before and all of them were authentic but still your opinion is appreciated on this salty katana..

thanks,

You'll need clearer closer crisp photos of that signature for anyone to read it. It is a war time made blade I see a sekisi stamp. It's not that bad it needs a handle and they are common. The snaps missing of the combat cover won't look too bad displayed they will be to the back.

Comment

Originally posted by NLF View Post
      You'll need clearer closer crisp photos of that signature for anyone to read it. It is a war time made blade I see a sekisi stamp. It's not that bad it needs a handle and they are common. The snaps missing of the combat cover won't look too bad displayed they will be to the back.
      Thanks ...I will try to get better pictures...

Comment

No seki stamp on that old blade.
        2 mekugi-Ana , nakago Cut Down. Very old blade for sure.
        Last edited by gunto; 12-07-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

ok I missed the two holes I thought the end looked odd but I do see a tiny stamp at top left of the signature or is it chisseled in also?

Comment

sorry to ask but what would be an acceptable price for the sword in its present condition??

Comment

what would be an acceptable price for the sword in its present condition
              one cant tell from the pix

Comment

hard to say the exact value from the pictures. The blade is clearly hand made and antique. The signature is hard to read from the pictures so that is not a help. The placement of the holes and signature are troubling, if the lower hole was original the signature is too high on the tang, if the top hole is original the signature placement is ok but unusual to have a second hole added lower. It looks like it is easily worth several hundred but if it is well made and restorable it could be worth a lot more
                Mark
                nixe@bright.net

Comment

Originally posted by nixe View Post
                  hard to say the exact value from the pictures. The blade is clearly hand made and antique. The signature is hard to read from the pictures so that is not a help. The placement of the holes and signature are troubling, if the lower hole was original the signature is too high on the tang, if the top hole is original the signature placement is ok but unusual to have a second hole added lower. It looks like it is easily worth several hundred but if it is well made and restorable it could be worth a lot more
                  Mark
                  nixe@bright.net
                  Thanks for the info I know nothing about Japanese swords and I already got burned before....

Comment

restoring is atleast 100.00 an inch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X