Tulsa show Japanese Pilot items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulsa show Japanese Pilot items?

Picked up these two items at a Tulsa show that was extremely slow, silk survival flag without stick, and a patch that I hope is off a pilot uniform? Opinions please!
    Attached Files

Back, thanks guys
    Attached Files

Comment

big flag looks correct for a pilot's float flag: edges should be filled with kapok. a complete one would be on a collapsible bamboo pole.

little flag: possibly, but would be hard to say, at least for myself. Have rarely seen a real one on a uniform before, or a known example taken off one.

Comment

Pilot items

Yes its borders are filled with a light kapok cork, still has ties on corner, hope the patch is real as family members sold it to me saying relative brought it back, but I know how the stories go. Thanks

Comment

Flags a good one!

PG-

Comment

Patch

Can anyone refer me to a person specializing in Japanese aviator items? Would really like to know what the smaller patch is.

Comment

Hi Steve, what size is the small one? I have one which is about 9.5cm by 6.5cm, and the construction is similar.

The one I have has kanji on the front and two small red stamps on the back, both with kanji. Someone has written on the back saying it is a labour badge from Malaya. I understand this means for Malayans working for the Japanese.

I can't post pics as I'm no longer an association member but can email them to you if you want to see it.

Regards

Russ

Comment

Thanks for input, should have included this in posting 17cm wide by 12cm high and still have threads on four corners from being attached to something.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X