Japanese dogtag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese dogtag

I got this with an american dogtag and document. I gambled on it, as I know little about Japanese dogtags. Im hoping you guys can tell me its ok and what it might say. Thanks!
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris,

My guess is that it's an authentic tag likely made out of aluminum. I'm new to tags though so could be incorrect.

I see 9 characters down the left side and 3 on the right. My thoughts are as follows...

Top to bottom...u/k, 4, 5, u/k, man #, 2, 4, 3, 8. The man # isn't a direct translation just what that symbol indicates I believe.

The three on the right are...

Top to bottom...u/k, 4, 5.

I'll work on the u/k ones shortly.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

OK, the top kanji on each row is the symbol for Infantry I believe.

Still working on the last u/k.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

thanks a bunch Stu. I appreciate the time your putting into it.

Comment

it is definitely a not your typical standard dog tag. The characters on the right usually don't repeat themselves on the left.

unfortunately there was so much variation in the original. this makes it difficult to tell the real ones from the fakes from china, which have gotten better even within this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by kaigunair View Post
              it is definitely a not your typical standard dog tag. The characters on the right usually don't repeat themselves on the left.

unfortunately there was so much variation in the original. this makes it difficult to tell the real ones from the fakes from china, which have gotten better even within this past year.

I agree, certainly not what I'm used to seeing but possibly still period I hope.

Chris, here's what typical ones looks like.
              Attached Files

Comment

That's not really "typical", Stu, usually the back is blank, so that one is a bit unusual.

Comment

In regards to the original tag submitted, I think that there is different meaning to the two identical sets of numbers stamped into the tag. On the right hand side, is the designation for the 45th Infantry Regiment. The left side of the tag has 45th Inf. stamped as well, with the addition of I think "replacement" afterward. Then it is the soldiers individual number.

Tom

Comment

Stu is showing two separate tags: one for an EM and one for an art. officer.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeP View Post
                      Stu is showing two separate tags: one for an EM and one for an art. officer.
                      My mistake, he did say "ones".

Comment

Cool.thanks guys. I'm taking it's good then...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X