Japanese nambu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese nambu question

Hello guys , i have all of my books packed away and i am not good with these pistols as far as detailed info goes . I need to know what the value of this one is with the holster , i am looking selling it to a guy localy and do not know where i should put the value . Any suggestions on the relized current prices would be very appreciated .
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Overall its a nice lloking pre war Nambu! Looks pretty clean. Do you know if the numbers are matching on the pistol components? Does the mag number match the last 3 numbers of the pistols serial number (438)? Is the extra magh there? is it matching? Is the cleaning rod and spare firing pin in the holster? Any provenance or capture certificates?

PG-

Comment

Nambu

Hello paul , the cleaning rod is in the holster , the firing pin is in .also the trigger has the same last three #s it has a clip that i only see one very small kanji stamp , no #s on it. The holster is in nice condition with no rot and good and soft and flexable leather. I appreciate your info , john

Comment

Since you want to sell it locally, I'm guessing you're trying to sell it as a set. I think you should dismantle the whole thing to confirm all matching parts. There are guides online to show how just type in "Type 14 disassmble" on google and you'll find a guide.

Let's assume you have an all matching pistol (minus the magazine of course as you mentioned didn't match). If you sold the set together, I think at best you may be able to get around $750. If you break up the set, you may be able to get more because alot of people like to buy those cleaning rods and holsters to complete their own rigs.

In my opinion, here is the breakdown of prices:
          -cleaning rod is worth between $50-100
          -holster is worth between $125-$200
          -assuming all matching Type 14 (minus mag) in pretty good shape $500-650

I like the older, small trigger guard versions of the Type 14, but year "12" pistols (as yours is dated) equates to 1937, which I think was a very common year because it was during th outbreak of the Chinese-Japanese war.

If it were me selling this, I would try to sell the pistol locally and sell the holster and cleaning rod on ebay, but if you get a good deal for the set locally, then go for it.

Anyways, just my opinions.

Comment

I know it might bring more money, but it seems almost "sinful" to me to break up historical items that belong together (assuming that's the case here).

Comment

nambu

I really appreciate the ideas guys and the value , i will toss it around , i hate to break up items but it may be the way to go for the most $ out of the set . Happy hunting !

Comment

Don't feel bad about breaking up the set.
                Where is the history in the set if you don't know the history of the set, or even IF the set is an original set?

Comment

IMHO
                  My two cents lays with PaPa...dont break it up.
                  PM me

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X