Japanese Army Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Army Helmet

Does everything look ok on this one? Also does anyone know what the writing says? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

From the pics posted seems to look like an original IJA helmet, as for the marking/translation I cant help you there but Im sure some one will chime in and translate for you, the guys here are normally very helpful . Good luck

Comment

Thanks Paul, I plan on putting this one in my collection! ! Too bad we don’t know any Japanese.

Comment

There's only one kanji, and then the hiragana letter "hi" ひ and the number. You don't need to be able to read Japanese to see the paint is smeared on that kanji. Perhaps a closer, straight on photo of it might allow us to see where the lines are supposed to be. But in any case, it's likely some unit abbreviation, not a full word or name.

Comment

Thats a great Lookin helmet I would be proud to add to my collection!

PG-

Comment

Nice helmet. Looks early. thanks for sharing

Comment

A few more pictures so mabey we can read the kanji. Also pictures under each pad;very nice look at the pictures. Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Still can't help with the smeared painted kanji, but the writing inside the liner is more interesting anyway. You have a "14" date (1939) and the 4 kanji inside the liner is 高橋義人 Takahashi Akihito (Takahashi being the family name).

Comment

The other pad of the helmet seems to say the same thing that's painted in the shell. We have the mystery kanji, this time stamped or written, but still hard to make out, the "hi" letter, now with an additional katakana "na", the 96 number, and what is probably an older unit mark and/or name scribbled out. the "2" looks like part of the older mark, the ink is more faded.
                          Last edited by Papa Nambu; 03-08-2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Wow that's awesome. Thank you for that information!. I really appreciate it. Now I have to figure out how I can research his name, any tips?

Comment

Not that I'm particularly well versed in this, I've never seen yellow writing in a helmet before. That is very cool!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X