Okinawa Captured Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okinawa Captured Flag

Interested to here senior members views on this example.
    A small section of kanji in large letters somewhat added after. could it be faded by the sun or the reverse ?

And the date May 1945 would point to Okinawa.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mons 1914; 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Blood stains?

The vet has signed and dated this flag.

End
      Attached Files

Comment

From the way the American's signature and date have also "run", I'd say some idiot tried to "wash" this flag.....that's why the kanji is so faint....someone has obviously tried to "re-do" some of the characters.....too bad.....

That said....still an original Japanese personal flag with veteran provenance...not the best one I've seen.....but still is what it is and worthy of collecting.

John G.

(Possibly the flag got "very" wet.....not intentsionally washed.......which sounds better!)

Comment

Thank you john.
          Anyone else share this view ?

Comment

I see the same thing! Its a nice flag, but with it having been messed with, its not for me. You can clearly see where the new dark black has been put over the faded black, you can still see the faded black under it near the edges.

PG-

Comment

I think so too, maybe somebody tried to get the blood(?) of and washed the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                I see the same thing! Its a nice flag, but with it having been messed with, its not for me. You can clearly see where the new dark black has been put over the faded black, you can still see the faded black under it near the edges.

PG-
                I agree with Paul.

Interesting but collectable only as a curiosity piece in my view.

Regards,
                Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
                  From the way the American's signature and date have also "run", I'd say some idiot tried to "wash" this flag.....that's why the kanji is so faint....someone has obviously tried to "re-do" some of the characters.....too bad.....

That said....still an original Japanese personal flag with veteran provenance...not the best one I've seen.....but still is what it is and worthy of collecting.

John G.

(Possibly the flag got "very" wet.....not intentsionally washed.......which sounds better!)
                  The idiot could have been the Vet. Not so sure momma would like some stinky bloody rag (forget the disease) sitting around the place.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X