new (2 me) japanese helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new (2 me) japanese helmet

Just got this in today from a member; looks good to me.

Thats made in Japan. I like.

Comment

seems good

My first impression is that this is a good helmet. The paint looks period, the liner is nice with light wear and aging. I would feel confident about this helmet. Others will chime in on this.

Jim
      JapaneseOrdnance(at)Yahoo.com

Comment

Nice Helmet Keith.

Comment

Excellent example! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks everybody. It came from a member here, I don't know his screen name and I don't want to "out" him without permission, but he is a good man, offered a good deal and was timely with shipping.

Did Japan paint different colors on their helmets? The one my father sent from Oki is green like this one, but I have seen them with what looked like khaki paint.

Comment

Hi Keith,

Looks good to me too.

Kind regards,
              Stu

Comment

Great looking IJA helmet, well done.

Comment

Very nice example. You did very well. Thanks for sharing. David.

Comment

I've got an extensive firearms collection, and have been consulting with my home owners insurance about items that I consider of value. I paid about $700 for this helmet 4 years ago; I leave it sitting out on display and am wondering if its still worth at least what I paid for it. It is not for sale, I'm just wondering if its still worth what I paid if a fire or burglary occurred. Thanks guys.

Comment

Hello Keith, Very Nice piece You will be fine! Nice touch-up job as well (Period done) I love the color!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Ward View Post
                        Hello Keith, Very Nice piece You will be fine! Nice touch-up job as well (Period done) I love the color!
                        Thanks! I know the value of these things go up and down like a yoyo, so I wondered if $700 was a decent base. In case I go face down in my cornflakes tomorrow I'd like my wife to have a ball park figure of what this and other militaria I have is worth. Guns are pretty simple, this kind of thing fluctuates

Comment

Yes that's a good evaluation in this economy. Years ago it might of made a thousand or more

Comment

A super example!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X