IJN Cap Tallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IJN Cap Tallies

With all the new interest in cap tallies here are some for everyone to look at. NLF Bob asked me to post these for him. There are some RARE birds in this nest! Also pictured is a period image of the straw hat w/ tally that Paul referred to in his tally thread. The first case shows the Iwate at top and the Yakumo at bottom.
    Attached Files

1. Satsuma (In gold bullion)
    2. Destroyer SQ
    3. Aso
    4. Kiso
    5. Yokosuka base
    6. Chokai
    7. Great Japan Navy
    8. Iozumo
    9. Yamashiro
    10. Yura
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Striking 9th; 07-15-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

wow, i didn't know that there were tallys in red and Blue/green. the satsuma tally is of the same design as my odd tally (mines a lower quallity painted on type).

Photo is nice. looks like he shoulld be on a gondaler rather then a military ship. shame it doesnt show the tally ... well if there's one photo out there there must be others.

Thanks for putting these up.

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by b-m-n_animal View Post
        wow, i didn't know that there were tallys in red and Blue/green. the satsuma tally is of the same design as my odd tally (mines a lower quallity painted on type).

Photo is nice. looks like he shoulld be on a gondaler rather then a military ship. shame it doesnt show the tally ... well if there's one photo out there there must be others.

Thanks for putting these up.

Paul.
        No problem at all Paul. Some of those different colored ones were given to family members and some were given out as commemorative souvenirs when certain ships would travel to foreign ports. If I remember correctly the top riker mount is full of items from the ceremonies when Iwate and Yakumo docked in California in the pre war years during a tour around the world.

Comment

great post scott. and thank NLF Bob for the pics. I was wondering about those colored ones too, and good to know what they're about. I was surprised no pics of NLF bases/troops or airforce related ones. I think you have the nicest NFL troop tally.

Guess I'll have to try to get a pic of my measly group. One is for the kasumigaura flight base.

Comment

stunning Scott!!!
            Wow!! Great group of tallys.

Comment

All these beauties belong to NLF Bob. I wish they were mine lol. J, I lucked out on the SNLF tally and then again on the right era donald duck. Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I know Bob appreciates it as well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X