Japanese helmet, any red flags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese helmet, any red flags?

Hello everyone, I am on the hunt for a nice representative example of a Japanese Army helmet for my collection. This may be the only Japanese helmet I get, so I want to get the real deal. Do you guys see any red flags with this helmet? Looks good to me, with a late war mix of materials. Of course, my knowledge with Japanese helmets is limited. Thanks for your input

PG-
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you being offered this by someone saying they have it? I ask as this is on ebay right now for sale....

Comment

Nice looking example Paul. The helmet liner has been made from many different types of leather - even the helmet band appears to be made from different leather pieces which is not so usual to see.

Paint work on shell looks good and also has a factory applied paint "swish" that has been hand applied around the shell. Not all helmets - by far - have this finishing touch.

Comment

Looks very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by FightenIrish35 View Post
                Are you being offered this by someone saying they have it? I ask as this is on ebay right now for sale....

No, thank you for looking out for me, saw it on the bay and thought it would be worth going after.

PG-

Comment

Looks like a good one...

My question to the more expirienced helmet gurus is why are the chinstraps 3 diferent colors like the tri color helmet nets???

Comment

Originally posted by FightenIrish35 View Post
                    hello FightenIrish35,
                    Watch out naming where its sold. I got a very angry TR WA member on my back ,due to I meantioned the auction house where a navy dagger was for sale.

Comment

The only thing that might look a bit odd to me is the chin tie look's a bit too new, but it might just be my imagination. It does have mixed leather for the liner. But the helmet shell looks good and the star looks correct.

Comment

Originally posted by gunto View Post
                        hello FightenIrish35,
                        Watch out naming where its sold. I got a very angry TR WA member on my back ,due to I meantioned the auction house where a navy dagger was for sale.
                        I can see what you mean,but I dont think Paul took it in a wrong way.Only mentioned it as I was looking out for a fellow member who seemed like he was being offered this from someone privately and I knew this was on ebay for sale. For example ive gotten emails from someone offering me a helmet and a flightsuit...after i checked out ebay i saw both of them on ebay for sale by a diferent person. I had contacted the ebay seller and they had no idea what i was talking about as they gave no one to offer the helmets for sale.
                        Scammers are very sneaky,and I know I as well as other want every member here not to make a future post called "ive been scammed"

Anyways,back to the helmet in question as it looks like a nice one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X