designing a new exhibit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

designing a new exhibit

I'm the exhibits manager and designer for the USS Midway Museum in San Diego, CA.
    I am building a new exhibit concerning the Battle of Midway. My idea is to have a pilot from the two opposing forces at the entry to the exhibit which will feature holographic and 3-D projections. Am having difficulty finding a Japanese pilot's life vest, parachute with harness, and boots. My US Navy guy is looking good with the exception of a parachute and harness. Would appreciate any advice on procuring the above.

Much thanks, Rudy Shappee

Hello Rudy,

I'm pretty new to Japanese militaria myself but have found that our member Jareth can be quite helpful. Possibly a message to him would be worth your while.

Kind regards,
    Stu

Comment

An all original Naval pilot is going to be tough. This site http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Japan...Japanese3.html has a very nice float vest. The float vest is a little later then would be correct but it all depends how far you want to take this. You will probably have to get the boots from Nakata. He is a seller http://www.nakatashoten.com/indexmenu.html of fine reproductions. You just missed the boat on a KILLER pair of boots. You have come to the right place though. There are 3 very serious IJN aviation collectors who are members here. One had a parachute/harness for sale awhile back. I think he still has it. They will see this and chime in I am sure. Sounds like a great display.
      Scott
      Last edited by Striking 9th; 06-17-2010, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Vest

Email sent on Navy vest.
        Joe T

Comment

I think my friend Scott about covered it. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X