Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple Great Weekend finds and a GREAT BAYONET

Greetings all,
    Picked these up this weekend at one of my spots. 3 nice type 99's. 2 are all matching and 1 is a latewar in great shape but someone put an early bolt in it instead of a latewar example.
    But the Gem of my outing was tthis bayonet. It was kind of like love at first sight. Guy walks into room,sees girl(bayonet)from across the room,guy then approaches girl and then does anything to get girl. lol. It caught my eye right off the bat because of the frog. Ive seen canvas type of material alot but not full burlap frogs.The way this is attached is so the frog is perminatly now on the the scabard for ever. I really have a feeling this one was field made. It just has that salty and amatuerish feel to it. The bayonet itself is also a good one having the wrap around wood grips as well a practiclly mint blade.
    Just thought id show you this nice variant of a frog and if anyone else has a frog made of burlap id love to see an example as all my refernce books including the bayonet of imperial japan bok dont have a full example of a frog.
    Hope you like and hope everyone is doing great out there.

Congrats all look nice!

Comment

The frog on that bayonet is great.

Comment

Very odd frog! Scabbard strap permanately sewn on ! definately "hand" made. Can you show close up of scabbard tip? Is it missing it's metal cap ?

Comment

Great finds. Were these at a military or gun show?

Oh by the way....two knee mortar tubes? Do you reaallllly need two? Some of us don't even have one. (hint hint hint)

Mike

Comment

Nice catch, I havent seen a frog like that before!

PG-

Comment

Thank you guys for all the nice words.

Mike,this was at one of my flea market type spots I go to once and a while if I have free time.

Jareth, these are some of the more detailed photos I had mentioned of the areas.

Comment

Last ditch bayos are always scarce compared to the norm, and the owner more than likley made the hanger . Pa. is still a gold mine yet to be tapped. I should know . congrats....nice find. Whats a regular one , early and minty going for now days? (w/no frog)

Comment

Most interesting bayonet and frog! Do you think the black scabbard could indicate Naval forces use?

Regards

Russ

Comment

Fabulous bayonet and frog , well done . Rob
                    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

GREAT score on that frog!

Comment

Thank you guys for the nice comments!! I was so damn happy when I actually bought it and looked it over up close. Its just got "that look"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X