Yard Sale Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yard Sale Pickup

I bet your expecting to see a beautiful nambo or Samurai sword, albeit I was not that lucky. I picked up an NCO sword today. Its it (add adjctive) condition. the part which goes on the top of the scabbard is missing and the blade has pitting, also some slight chips. Thankfully it has not been sanded sharpened, or retipped. Hopefully the pcis wont scare you all away. The reason I am posting is because this is my first Japanese sword, and I dont know much. I was just wondering if you could help identify it, and tell what its worth, if anything. Dont worry I got it very cheap...
    -Jeremy

sorry if you get nightmares becuase of this thread.

I would be thrilled to find it. Finding anything in the woodwork these days makes for a good day. I found one about the same (Blade was a little better) some years back. I put it on e-bay and got way more then I thought it would go for. Nice pick up.
    Scott

Comment

Great find in any condition.

Comment

The main thing is its a real one! There are guys every day buying the fake Chinese NCO's and paying big bucks for them!! Value???? Hard to value a piece in that condition. I would say at least a few hundred bucks +/-. really, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

PG-

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments everybody. I like this sword, I just figured most wouldnt. Dont ever assume. I will spoil the surprise I paid $50, So I got a real Japnese sword from WW2, and it was cheap. It felt good

Comment

Absolute bargain considering the stupid money some people pay for repros of these swords. A nice original despite the blade condition and missing throat on the scabbard.

Regards

Russ

Comment

It's worth much you than you paid for and it's a good one so well done to you ;]

The muniki seems to be repainted but it's just my 2 cent.

Best regards,
              Mathieu.

Comment

Nice, salty, original and cheap. The early brass tsuba alone is probably worth about what you paid for the whole.
                The menuki does seem to be later painted, and unfortunately the scabbard throat is tough to find on the loose.

Comment

Is this a Shin Gunto Type 95?

Comment

Well off to estand thanks all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X