X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag with kanji.

Hello,
    This flag is on Ebay right now.
    The seller always has original ww2 japanese items ,but got some wild prices.
    This flag is imo fake ,Dont like the look of the kanji.
    What do You guys think?

Not an expert.But I thought I had read that kanji on the sun was pretty rare.I have seen a lot of these flags in the last few months on ebay.So at glance I automaticly assume they are fakes. Regards, Gerald.

Comment

Flag with kanji...

Hum..................? MikeB

Comment

Flag with fake kanji...

Hello,

Spurious kanji. Flags with kanji in the meatball are less seldom encountered and very desireable, but IMVHO this one ain't it.

C.
        Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 06-09-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Are flags with kanji in the center really more desirable than more common ones? Other than the few in Mike's book and the one I own, I have never really seen many or read about there being a lot more interest in them over normal flags.

Comment

Flag with kanji.

Hi Matthew-
            Flags with writing in the center of the red orb are only more desirable or rare if you want an authentic one for your collection! The only thing that makes them "special" is that most good luck flags were not made this way. In order to demonstate that, I showed flags with characters placed in the center on purpose and others that had characters placed in the center by accident. Most of the "accident" variety had characters that simply spilled, here and there from the white field into the red portion of the flag. Fortunately or unfortunately, I made mention in the book that this kind of flag was rarer than the standard type of good luck flag. All of a sudden a rash of flags signed in the center burst onto the Ebay market. If I had to guess a ratio of unsigned centers to signed ones, I would have to say that maybe 3-4 out of 100 would have characters present in the middle of the flag. ...and that ratio might even be a bit high...Have a great Summer guys! MikeB

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike! I think that a lot of people believe that more uncommon or rare = more profitable, which is not always the case. That is probably why so many faked flags with kanji in the center have popped up on ebay after your book came out.

Anyway, real ones are out there folks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Flag with kanji.

Hello,

Great stuff. Here's a nice one. Please note these photos depict blood.

C.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 06-18-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Here's mine
                  Attached Files

Comment

Flag with kanji.

Here's a Naval variant with kanji on rays.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 06-18-2010, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X